BLACK OLIVE, FRUIT & RICE SALAD
This is a really simple dish, inspired by a recipe from Silvia Nacamulli, but it's combination is a late summer delight, just as the Autumn creeps in.
- 150g Long grain rice
- 50g Wild rice
- 50g Camargue red rice
- 50g Black olives, cut in half
- 25g Dried apricots, sliced
- 25g Dried prunes, chopped & stone removed
- 25g Homemade SunBlush tomatoes (or shop bought), chopped
- 2tbsp Fresh chive, chopped
- Handful fresh basil mint leaves (or a mixture of basil and mint leaves)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the rice to packet instructions. The Camargue and wild will normally take a lot longer than the plain long grain rice. Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, a few herbs and the seasoning, to a serving bowl.
- When the rice has cooked, drain (if necessary), allow to cool to room temperature, and add to the serving bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix the rice and fruit together well, lightly dressing with the extra virgin olive oil and seasoning to taste. Serve with a garnish of leftover herbs.
I created this recipe after receiving a lovely hamper from Fragata, the Spanish retail brand famous for olives. In this recipe I used Fragata black olives. Fragata are currently running a Facebook competition for consumers, with the winner having the chance to cook with José Pizarro! To enter, visit their competition page by clicking here.