MULLED FRUIT COMPOTE
This first appeared in a special supplement in The Jewish Chronicle on 1st February.
- 500ml Red Grape Juice
- 1 large or 2 small sticks Cinnamon
- 1 Star Anise
- 4 whole Cloves
- 2 large firm Pears, peeled and quartered
- 150g dried apricots, halved
- 150g prunes, pitted
- 60g dried cranberries
- Combine the grape juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves and
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then turn the heat right down.
- Add the pears, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the apricots, prunes, and cranberries, cover again and continue to gently simmer for another 15 minutes until all the fruit has softened - 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool. Remove and discard star anise and cloves before serving.