GOOEY FUDGEY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
For the perfectly gooey, fudgey chocolate brownie, this is the only recipe you will need. Really simple to master, and although quite decadent, it is hard to stop yourself eating one whole batch by yourself, which is why I always make two!
Makes: 6 large brownies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 225g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature & cut into small cubes
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 90g plain flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs, beaten together
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a square tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- Add the chocolate and butter over a bain marie and gently heat until they have melted together, allowing to cool for a further 5 minutes off the heat.
- Add the sugar and salt to the chocolate/butter and combine well. Stir in the vanilla. Whisk in the beaten eggs until the mixture is smooth.
- Take the sifted flour and sift it (again) into the brownie mixture, beating well until all the flour has been combined. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the brownie mix into the tin and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes. It is ready when the top is just about firm to touch and when a knife is inserted to the centre comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownie to cool in the tin, remove and cut into squares.
This recipe first appeared in The Jewish Chronicle Newspaper and online here.